Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wednesday Wonderings 1

I guess right now I'm wondering about regret.
Someone just shared with me a bunch of letters/notes/written ramblings I gave him almost 10 years ago. I was a really different person. Not someone I am proud to have been. In fact, there is probably shame around who I was then.
But I don't know that I regret it really. I feel badly about it; I wish I hadn't put me and the people around me in some of the situations that I did.
But in another sense I don't wish it hadn't happened. That was the path I had to take to get to where I am now, and I like who I am now and I wouldn't want to trade that in. I think that without a lot of my struggles I would probably not have the depth that I enjoy about myself today.
And yet, I am sorry to the people that I have hurt...
Do you have regrets? Why or why not?

No comments: