Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Cried All the Way to Mooresville

Leaving North Carolina was hard. The morning was perfect though, from my brother cooking his fabulous breakfast (including of course, chocolate chip banana pancakes) to Ryan arriving late, rumpled and freshly awake. A conversation I had with my 2 year old nephew, little J, sums it up pretty well.

Lil J: (see you) next time!
Me: Yeah. But you know that next time might not be for a long time.
Lil J: Away. Moving!
Me: Yeah, I'm moving. That means I'm going to live far away. So I might not get to see you for a long time.
Lil J: Yeah
Me: But you know, no matter where I am, I love you very much.
Lil J: Yeah


Thoughts from the drive:

  • There is way too much of Virginia. Virginia: DO NOT WANT!!!1!!1!
  • The way I reacted to my tooth extraction is kinda how I react to life a lot of times. It hurt, so I got worried. From a position of worry I examined the situation, and worry became fear. I got it checked out and found out I was experiencing a “slow but normal healing process.” That's me all over. Something hurts, I think it can't be right, but eventually it turns out it was supposed to hurt and all that fear and worry and wheel-turning was for nothing.
  • Even I have to have a break from Jack White once in a while.

  • I can make the drive back to NC in one day with not much trouble, if I had to. That's comforting. I can be back there in one day if I need to be. Or even want to be.

  • Friends are good. Really really good. Hi, Chris.

  • If everything you own, minus six boxes of books, is in your car, it takes a lot longer to stop your car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl. Just to let you know I'm reading.

Mucho love to you.

ryran said...

re lilj convo: awwwwww. you'll get to see him so soon!