Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Support Is There

Everything I need really is already there, all I have to do is reach out and take it.
I just had a phone call with someone I haven't spoken to in a long time... someone who played a really big and special role in my life. It kind of made me realize... everything I need is already there, if I just make a move toward it. This woman said that she thinks about me a lot, and encouraged me to contact her whenever I want to.

I often thought that she was someone I'd like to have back in my life somehow, and considered calling or emailing her. Then my silly head would step in and I would think maybe I'd be bothering her, or that once I was out of her primary sphere of influence she wouldn't be all that interested any more. But I made a tentative and very easily set up steps toward contacting her and I'm now so happy that we got to talk.

Lesson learned: the resources are there, and my gut knows it. All I need to do is reach out and grab what I need.

No comments: