Saturday, June 5, 2010

Prepare Through Prayer


 I just read that line somewhere. On a facebook post to someone having a rough time right now actually, but the point is the phrase, "prepare through prayer."
My first thought was 'heck yeah, with prayer anything is possible."
My second thought was "so... why don't i do that?"
I don't mean I don't pray. I definitely offer up Ya Baha'ul'abha and Alla'u'abha throughout the day, both as a request and as a thank you. I send "prayers/vibes/thoughts" and prayer fragments a lot. But aside from an admittedly not regular obligatory prayer, I don't often just sit down to pray. I do a Hidden Word in the morning and evening, generally. But that's not the same as like... sitting down and purposely taking time out to commune with God.

 Why the heck do I not take advantage of this ... this like... super power? It's like armor and comfort and foresight and insight, all rolled into one...

 ...and I'm like "nah, I don't have the time." Yeah cause like... God forbid (no pun intended) I miss the latest facebook update? 

"Many a dawn hath the breeze of My loving-kindness wafted over thee and found thee upon the bed of heedlessness fast asleep. Bewailing then thy plight it returned whence it came." -Baha'u'llah

"Night hath succeeded day, and day hath succeeded night, and the hours and moments of your lives have come and gone, and yet none of you hath, for one instant, consented to detach himself from that which perisheth. Bestir yourselves, that the brief moments that are still yours may not be dissipated and lost." -Baha'u'llah

Some dear friends of mine recently went on a Baha'i pilgrimage. I asked them to pray for me at the holy shrines, that I may fall in love with God. I know it is up to me to answer whatever call may come. Maybe this is the call. 

No comments: