Thursday, October 1, 2009

October. Sigh. Goals. Sigh.

I dunno how I feel about this goals thing. I'm really good at judging myself when I don't reach them.
Then again, I have a whole lot of things I want to do and goals helps break them down...
So I'm not setting any October goals til i figure out if its more helpful or harmful.
As I was typing that I had an idea. I am a goal-setting genius!
I'm gonna set numerical goals. So like, one might be "Say the obligatory prayer and 95 Alla'u'abhas every day for two weeks in a row" and then when I've achieved that, I move on. So I'm not like "Dayumn. September's over and I failed all my goals" and stuff. Also I am going to take the judgement I have about small steps out of the equation. Small steps is better than no steps, which is what I take when I set up steps that are too big... if ya follow me, lol!

So. Goals for now:

* Say the Obligatory Prayer every day for 19 days in a row.

* Eat in the way that is good for me for 10 days in a row, strictly (this does include the one meal per week that I get to eat anything!).

* Walk or Morris every day until November 22 (gotta get fit enough to dance the Renaissance Festival with the Morris Dancers.... starts on the 10th, runs through November 22), for at least 30 minutes.

* Do something creative/ artsy/ crafty at least once a week, for ... oh I don't know. This one doesn't have a time line, lol.

* Do something concrete for Play Partners every day for 10 days.

I guess that's manageable for now. There were other things I wanted to add... about meditation and writing and all kinds of stuff. But then it seemed unmanageable. I'm using a sticker method of keeping track in my journal. Yes. At 34 years old I am still motivated by stickers.

3 comments:

Paryssa said...

I like stickers :-)

~R~ said...

I like stickers too ;) Maybe I will try that for my CBT homework! Good luck with yours!

Lynn said...

Dems a lot of goals! Good luck! One is enough for me. Even that can be overwhelming.