Sunday, October 18, 2009

semicolons can be useful

...since I posted, so I thought I'd do an update.
I've been working as a Morris dancer at the Carolina Rennaisance Festival. There's videos on youtube. I'm in numbers 1, 2, 4 and 7 of that series. The sound is a little behind the picture and they are kinda blurry, but I promise that's me in the blue and green skirts, green bodice, and white cap. I'm pretty impressed with myself being outgoing and interactive with patrons while still doing pretty well at taking care of myself. It's every saturday and Sunday through November 22. Today (its a Sunday), though, I am sick. I think I actually started getting sick on Tuesday or Wednesday, when I woke up a little sniffly. Yesterday the cold and damp finally made the sickness win, I guess. At least its a reasonable and regular kind of sick, not a depressed and overwhelmed kind of sick, but I'm still kinda disappointed. Trying to be ok with where I'm at, but gosh I hate letting people down.
For the most part I'm doing pretty well with that "being ok with where I am" thing. There were a few days when I was pretyt low energy, but I just thought "ok well, I am what I am" and tried to enjoy reading and watching videos online. It went pretty well, with just a few moments of "aaargh, get up and DO something!"
Part of why I've been a little down is, I think, the upcoming anniversary of my mom's death. She died October 30 of last year. I'm thinking about her a lot since October started; I can't believe its been a whole year! On the 30th we will be having a memorial service kind of thing at my brother's house; some prayers, a slideshow, and dessert/coffee/tea. Earlier in the day I will probably put some flowers on her grave and offer some prayers there as well. I'm trying not to wonder if its "reasonable" to be feeling down and sad for an entire month and just, once again, be where I am.
I guess that's the theme for me lately; being nonjudgmental of myself. (And also apparently, looking over this post, using semi-colons).

No comments: