Sunday, September 20, 2009

Birthdays and Weddings

My birthday (the 15th) was really good. I had a picnic lunch in the park with a good book and then a dinner with most of my favorite people. (Hey, my blog thinks I'm British, it wants me to spell favorite with a u!) Unabashed plug for a friend's restaurant: if you are in the Charlotte area check out Blu Basil at Costwold shopping center. It's yummy! I also had a lot of fun making greeting cards for people.
Yesterday a really good friend of mine and a person who I've known for a while but would consider new in the friend arena, got married. It was a really sweet wedding and a fun reception (with gorgeous decorations!). Best best BEST of marriages to them! (Even though I realized this morning that their reception made me get lots of super itchy mosqito bites).
In more everyday news, I'm struggling with the no sugar and gluten thing. I'm looking at it in a way that makes me feel deprived rather than healthy, and I can't seem to shake that point of view. Though I did not eat any wedding cake, even though there were dairy-free gluten-free options, because they still had sugar in them, yay me! "Want" seems a more empowering word than "need" or "goal" to me. As in "I want to eat brocolli" instead of "I need to eat brocolli." I think it's the rebel in me... if I feel like I "should" do something, my tendency is to go the opposite. Same for most of my goals. But... I'm not sure if I'm ready to change my thinking on that...
Oh well.

3 comments:

ryran said...

I'm the same way sometimes with things I feel I "need" to do. Makes me rebel.

ryran said...

PS: Sorry 'bout the mosquitoes. :(

Lynn said...

I like broccoli.
I actually love broccoli.
I would have a hard time giving up the wheat myself.