Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Trust In Me (A Landmark Diner Discussion)

Tonight I had that opportunity to be reminded of a lot of things that I value (thanks, friend!).
Things I value:



Authenticity. Coupled with tact and love, always, but still... speak my truth without fear.

Faith in God. Trust in God that as long as I am doing what I think, to the best of my knowledge, He wants me to do, all will ultimately be well.

I am a Spiritual Being. Yes, I have goals and needs here on the material plane, but ultimately I am responsible only to my Higher Power. At my reckoning, God isn't going to ask how much money I made or how steady that income was, He is going to want to know how I tried to live according to His Will. Also, regardless of what happens to my relationships here, I will see the people I am tied to in the next world, where all will be love for eternity.

While approval and good opinions from others are nice, if I truly believe something about myself, no one else's opinion can shake that. For example, I know that I am a woman. You can tell me as many times with as much force as you want that I am male, but that's not going to change my knowledge that I am female. Suppose I believed that about other things? Suppose I truly KNEW that I am a trustworthy person... no matter how many people made up some belief that I am not, it wouldn't shake my self knowledge. Or supposing I know that I am a good person, a responsible person, a loved person... etc etc.

Trust in my process. Refer to my post about the labyrinth for more details but I'll recap here. Sometimes it looks like I am headed away from my goal that goal being the ultimate goal of Godliness), sometimes towards, sometimes just circling around it. In reality though, in the larger picture, every step I take, trusting in myself and my God, I am getting closer and closer to my goal.

The relationships that I value most can take a battering, if that's what it comes down to, and come out better on the other side.



THE KEYS:
Staying close to God and my spiritual self through
     prayer
     meditation
     reading the Holy Writings
     discussing my thoughts and feelings on the topic

Believing in myself and my process as well as others and their process through
     self affirmations and collecting evidence to support those affirmations
     staying close to God
     authenticity, especially in being transparent with my concerns regarding my relationships
     
    

No comments: