Thursday, August 13, 2009

new lessons put to use!

Read the next entry, it's new too. But I just remembered something else I wanted to say.
Often I learn things, have an aha! moment, and then kinda forget to put the learnings into practice. But I'm learning (uhm, no punnish type thing intended)!
Today a group of people I was with were talking about movies and TV shows and music they like and I was all like "Never heard of that one. Who? No, I didn't see it, what is it? Oh, I don't have a TV. No, I don't see a lot of movies. Oh, he's in it...uhm, who is he?" And whenever I mentioned something I had seen or listened to I got the same kinds of questions from them. At first I was thinking I am too totally nerdy or out of it or isolationist or something. But then I thought... you know what? I don't want to be mainstream America anyway!
(see post about comparisons if you don't get the learning I've put to use here)