Monday, April 4, 2011

Haiku Haiku

The five, seven, five
of simple mindfulness is
a deep, quiet joy.


I really like haikus. In fact, a friend of mine likes to give me a random word and I write a haiku about it on the spot. Granted, they aren't marvelous but it's fun.
For one my prompt was "LMAO" (that stands for "laughing my @$$ off") and my haiku was:
LMAO is
a word that means to laugh so
hard your butt falls off.

Probably that is some horrible sacrilegious use of haiku, which really is an elegant art form in it's simplicity. Sometimes I go for that, too. But either way, haiku are fun.

2 comments:

fallen said...

TO-CON-VEY ONE'S MOOD IN SEV-EN-TEEN SYLL-ABLE-S IS VE-RY DIF-FIC


John Cooper Clarke

River said...

haha, that one is awesome. my favorite is:
haikus are easy
but sometimes they don't make sense
refridgerator