Wednesday, April 20, 2011

American Parking Lot

(That's carpark to a lot of you overseas readers.)

This morning I looked out of my window and three cars were parallel parked all in a row right outside. I'm not a cars person, so forgive my less-than-exact descriptions.

First there was a bright red, big ol' SUV. Then a little blue compact car. And last was a kinda beat-up white pick-up truck, with a ladder rack attached to the bed.

And I had one of those weird analogy moments as I often do. Here were these red, white, and blue cars, all totally different but well suited for their purposes. They might not even get along with each other; compact car might not like SUV's gas mileage and environmental impact, SUV might think pick-up's job is menial, and pick-up might laugh at compact car's tininess. But even if these cars are totally different and not at all serving the same ideology, they just sat there together looking shiny, ready to do what they could.

It'd be cool if people could do that too.

No comments: