Thursday, February 10, 2011

Drive-Thru Lady

I don't know why I remembered this today, but I did.
A few years ago, in another city, I went to a drive-thru... Bojangle's maybe? I don't remember. I do remember that it was summer and I was wearing a tank top.
The lady working at the window was older; maybe in her mid-60s. She saw my scars and asked me what happened. I told her "I used to cut myself," which is my pretty standard answer. She wrote her name and phone number on the back of my receipt and told me that if I ever needed anything, or just wanted to talk, I should give her a call. She said she had had some hard times in her life, and she knew what it was like.
It could have been a kind of creepy moment, but it wasn't. She was so sincere, it was just a really sweet moment. I kept her number for a few months, although I'm not really sure why; I'm pretty sure I would have never called her. I never did, and the number is long gone.
But anyway, thanks drive-thru lady.

2 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Oh wow. What a lovely gesture of hers!

Unknown said...

That's what you get for telling the truth!