Friday, August 20, 2010

Foods That Are Good for Me

A friend (hi, friend!) suggested I make a list of foods that I am allowed to eat, as a part of trying to get motivated for eating well.
If a food is (in parentheses) that means that while I technically can eat it, I am really not planning to. Probably because it's nasty.
One * means its something I like pretty well.
Two *s means its something I like very well.
brocolli*
cauliflower*
sweet potato
greens-all*
spinach*
lettuce-all
carrots
celery
zuchinni*
yellow squash*
onion
garlic
green beans*
pinto beans
black beans*
(lima beans)
(brussel sprouts)
peas*
garbanzo beans**
chard*
quinoa
rice**
eggs*
hemp
cabbage-all*
bok choy
mushrooms*
artichoke
fiddlehead/ferns
kale*
(radish)
turnip-i'm not sure i've ever eaten a turnip....
avocado**
cucumber*
squash blossoms
black eyed peas
lentils*
mung beans
sprouts-all
okra
asparagus**
leek
herbs-all
bamboo**
ginger
parsnip-not sure i've eaten eaten these, either
water chestnut*
(yam)
(seaweed)
apple**
pear*
amaranth-definitely never had this grain
berries-all*
cherries*
peach-etc
plum*
grapes*
pomegranate
fig
orange-etc
lemon
lime
lychee
passion fruit
star apple
guava
breadfruit
almond*
walnut
pecan
sunflower seeds*
cashew*
macadamia
pistachio*
pumpkin seeds*
melon**
mango*
butter-real, not margarine
spaghetti squash
coconut/coconut milk
stevia

I think that's it.... I can use any kind of oil, amino acids, spices (except ones that come from nightshades, like chili etc)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great list, my friend! (Hi back, by the way!) I'm curious how it feels to look at the cornucopia of "I Can"! I'm sensing some great ideas percolating about how to make food easy, healthy, and (gasp) FUN again.

It might even motivate you to (gasp - wheeze) COOK!
:-) Let's talk...

River said...

i WANT to want to cook, i really do. i just... meh. heh.