Sunday, July 25, 2010

Three Things I Didn't Like

In the past 24 hours three things have happened that I didn't like. I keep kind of stewing about them so I thought maybe putting them here would help. We'll see.

Someone was describing a woman they saw and said "And I mean, ... no offence Sonya... but she was BIGGER THAN SONYA!"

I discovered that there was gossip about me in a group I used to hang out with and trust.

I was at an event that I was choosing to not outwardly participate in, and was asked several times to take part. I politely declined several times because I was not comfortable participating (although I did not voice my reason). I was then asked to participate in a specific manner, and again declined politely. Eventually I said, "Listen, how about if you just let me take care of myself, and if you are uncomfortable with me being me, I can leave" and the issue basically ended, with a bit of conversation about it from people other than me.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ouch! Sorry about that. I loved your response to the people who kept asking you to participate even when you had said no. Great answer.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.