Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Assignments


First new assignment: where I live. This gorgeous place on the river has been so very perfect for my first year here, but it's time for me to move on. It's too expensive, too far from work, and too isolated from my friends and coworkers (most of which, ironically, is why it was so perfect for the beginning of my time here). I'm moving to a not-nearly-so-cool apartment in Great Barrington. It still has amazing views, just not involving the river. There's a cool spot of river that's nearby though. It's also about 20 minutes from work, versus a 40 minute drive from where I am now. It's very near town and a grocery store too. Its a one bedroom instead of a studio, and I am looking forward to having separate sleeping and living areas. It's also significantly cheaper than where I am now. Fritz will be my roommate at the new place, but we have it worked out so we have almost completely separate space: we will even have our own entrances.

Second new assignment: I am doing a minimum of 5 dialogues per week for 8 weeks. I just completed week 2. Its an amazing assignment! I sent an email to everyone I could think of who does dialogues. I am getting some from some pretty big-time mentors and teachers around Option, and it's been amazing. My beginning topic is always to be something around expressing emotion, but dialogues go to a lot of unexpected places. The teacher who assigned it to me said to think of it as a blast off: it takes a lot of energy to get out of the atmosphere (like 5 dialogues a week) but once you are there you only need to make course adjustments, you don't need a huge thrust again.

In unassigned news, my new way of eating is really good for me. I tried to eat a lovely chocolate cake the other day and.... I didn't like it. I was momentarily depressed, but then realized how wonderful it is. I still crave the feeling I used to get from eating things like chocolate cake, but I've created a new belief that melon is my treat. So I don't buy melon regularly; I treat it as an occasional special treat food. That's been working really well for me, though I will admit to a certain yearning in my salivary glands when I see a chocolate filled croissant.
I'm loving spring here: everything is all shiny and green and new. It inspires me to be shiny and green and new as well.

It's a really exciting time to be me!

3 comments:

walking tiger said...

Sonya, you are like -if it were anyone but you, I'd say something like, "Spring flowers pushing their way towards the sun, moving towards the light", but I know better than to say something corny (oops! no corn on the new diet) like that. I'm really glad you're a part of my life.

ryran said...

Wowie.
It's very cool to keep getting these updates. You rock.

Anonymous said...

When do you move? Please send photos of the new place when you can. Perhaps have a little good bye and gratitude giving for the old place before you move. I have always done this and it makes the parting easier and spiritually empowering. The shortened compute time should relly make a difference. I am so proud of you about the new diet. One day at a time, little by little. Slip ups are just that - no big deal in the great scheme of life - move on. BTW, I don't really like chocolate anymore either.

I can feel your enthusiasm for living. What a joy!
--Breezelight