Sunday, July 19, 2009

crazy maintenance

So it seems like every 6 to 8 weeks I get sick. The thing is, I can kinda tell when I'm about to get sick. I'm pretty sure its a physical manifestation of depression.
I'm miles better than I was even say a couple years ago. And incomparably better than I was 3 or 4 years ago. I'll spare the details but lets just say there's a lot more hygiene and a lot fewer razors in my life these days.
But the thing is, I can't keep it up full time yet. There's so much work that goes into being someone with a regular life for me... monitoring sleep and food, taking the right supplements, exercising enough, making sure I get time to myself and balancing that with time with people in some magical proportion that's impossible to judge... I'm not saying I can't do it, or that I don't want to, or that it's not worth it. Just, its a lot of work and in the scheme of my life I'm kind of new to it. I'm honestly considering scheduling maintenance days. Like 3 or so days every 6 to 8 weeks where I can just stay home and do my crazy thing and not have to keep up with... well, not have to keep up with keeping up.

2 comments:

ryran said...

crazy maintenance ... I like that. :)

Lynn said...

I hear ya. I understand ya!