Friday, May 24, 2013

Cookery

Historically I really have not enjoyed cooking, so as I was sitting here eating a meal of kielbasa and sauerkraut that I prepared, I was feeling pretty self congratulatory. And then I realized that all I did was cut up some stuff and then heat it up. I started feeling a little low, like it wasn't "real" cooking, just a slightly glorified version of putting frozen fries into the oven.

And then I realized... all cooking is just heating stuff up. Yeah, you might chop some stuff for easier heating/eating, or mix some stuff together, and there's a few different methods of heating stuff up... but really, cooking is just heating stuff up. That sounds so much easier! So much more doable! I think I might have just turned a corner in my self care and eating habits.

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

For what it's worth, I use canned sauces & frozen veggies, and I still consider that cooking. ;)