Friday, February 8, 2008

Resistant to Happiness



Sounds like a commercial for a detergent for depressed people...
So it turns out I really was resistant to happiness. for like 20 or 30 years. I was afraid to be someone whose baseline emotion is happy. My baseline was depression, even in periods when I was happy. Saturday morning I was discussing this with this really amazing friend (pictured at left) at the airport (this friend has shown me how to break every belief I've ever come to him with, seriously, he's phenomenal at seeing things from outside of me but explaining them in a way that my brain and heart easily understand) and every reason I could come with for staying unhappy, he had evidence against. I know it sounds silly to have reasons to be unhappy, but I really thought I did, and for years that was the best way for me to take care of myself. But now I am a new person, which makes everything around me new, and it was time for a big change. I have a new belief now: I embrace happiness!

1 comment:

ryran said...

I read this already (a while ago) but still just wanted to say: Wow. Cool.