Saturday, March 13, 2010

Who Needs Bones?

Bones as in the body part, not as in the TV show. Although I did decide to stop watching the TV show a few days ago. I just don't need icky dead bodies on my screen, no matter how amusing the Booth/Brennan relationship or squintiness of the squints is. But anyway....


I had a really interesting dream the other night.



It seemed to start kind of in the middle of the story. I was standing... somewhere. With... someone. Or maybe a few someones. I know it was people I am very close to, so probably my brother, his wife, and a particular friend who now lives in Atlanta. That's my guess, anyway. So I'm standing there and its kind of foggy. I can really only see the other person(s) from the waist down. In my hand is a plain white, rimmed dinner plate. and on the plate are perfectly clean bits of bone, varying from 2 to 4 or so inches. I told the person(s), "I know this is really weird, but I think these bones are mine." I went on to demonstrate how one of the bones looked very much like a spine, and that I was "squishy" at the top of my back/bottom of my neck. It felt like my spine there was missing. I was still fully functional, though. I didn't seem to be impaired in any way from the loss of these bits of bone. In fact, I wasn't even worried in the dream. I was puzzled, and a bit confused, but not anxious or scared at all. The people I was talking to didn't seem very concerned either. So as we're standing around looking at my plate-o-bones, another bone suddenly appears on it. This bone is a bit longer than the rest, a good 6 or maybe 7 inches. For whatever reason, it is immediately clear that it is a bone from a lower arm. I poke at my left forearm and sure enough, I am "squishy" there now. The squishiness feels kind of relaxing... loose like right after a massage or something. There was no pain when the bone left my arm and appeared on the plate. In fact, I didn't feel or notice a thing. I had to check my arm to be sure it was even my bone that had appeared.



That's as much as I remember of the dream. Note: I very rarely remember my dreams, so when I do, I believe its a dream I am especially meant to take something from.
My interpretation of the dream so far is that it's about letting go of things. Taking these hard/rigid things out of me that seem so darn important, even a part of my basic structure (like bones). They seem necessary but, in reality, once they are gone, I am fine. Maybe even better than before!



What do you think? Any ideas about this dream, did it bring up any thoughts or interpretations for you?

No comments: