Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One Month Sugar Free

Today is my 29th day sugar free (OK, so not quite a month, but close enough)!

I do still have some cravings, but they are infrequent and mild. Often when I think about eating something specific, though, the idea is unpleasant and I find I don't actually want to eat sweets. I think I just still have an idea that I want that kind of stuff. The other night, actually, I had a sugar cookie and it made me ill (literally). My body now recognizes that processed sugars aren't good for it, and will do something about it!

Putting aside the fact that I currently have a cold, I am feeling really good. I am more clear headed and motivated. I have lost 14 pounds in the 30 days (and all I really changed was not eating sugar and sweeteners) and I am getting fewer headaches.

While I have had a few days of low energy/ depression during the past month, it was directly attributable to an event and it only lasted a couple days (versus a week or two of indeterminate-origin depression, which is how my depression usually manifests).

I have candida rashes under my arms which are almost completely gone now. When they totally disappear, I will add moderate amounts of natural sugars back into my diet (ie honey, agave, occasional brown rice syrup or evaporated cane juice, fruit juices, et cetera) but I intend to stay away from processed and artificial sweeteners altogether.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done!

I am impressed with your systematic approach to improving your diet and health, as well as your dedication and commitment to the same. Rock on!