Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fortunately, Unfortunately

Did you ever play that game as a kid, "Fortunately and Unfortunately?" A group takes turns telling a story, but after the initial sentence each person starts, alternating, with the word "fortunately" or "unfortunately."

So here is today's story:

Once I went to a follow up doctor's visit.

Unfortunately, he scheduled an exploratory surgery for Monday.

Fortunately, I don't have to stay in the hospital until then.

Unfortunately, when I got home I locked my keys (and my phone) in my car.

Fortunately, I had passed a police car not far from my house

Unfortunately, when I walked down the street and asked the officer for help, he told me they aren't allowed to open people's cars any more.

Fortunately, I have AAA and he was able to call them for me.

Unfortunately, I sat on an anthill while I was waiting for AAA.

Fortunately, I am now in my house and doing OK (aside from the pain and nausea and fatigue I've had for the past few weeks anyway).

(Also, are you supposed to tip tow truck guys? 'Cause if so.. sorry, AAA tow truck guy who opened my car for me. I didn't have any cash, anyway.)

1 comment:

ryran said...

That's a great story. And no, I've never played that game before.