Friday, June 10, 2011

Target Does Not Complete Me

Target as in, the huge buy-everything-you-could-possibly-ever-need-here store.

I went there the other day to buy a pot; now that I'm cooking most of what I eat I am finding my kitchen lacking!

In the past when I've gone to Target I've been drawn to at least a few items I didn't really need; pens or some little decorative or organizational thing. I have to remind myself, "You don't need that, it's just going to sit around and eventually you'll give it away to Goodwill or something."

This last time I was in Target, though, I wasn't drawn to anything like that at all! I just went in, found what I needed and wandered down a few aisles that looked like they had potential interestingness.

I just had this feeling, though, that I was fine, that I was in no way lacking, and that I didn't need anything more. I think this was really an outward example of what has been an inward process: I am feeling more and more like I as a person am whole, and complete, and not in some way nonfunctional or hollow. While of course I have room to grow, I am also doing just fine as I am. This is a new kind of feeling for me, and I love it!