Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Maturing

Maturing... I think I am doing it.
What made me think this is something about this move this weekend. In the past when I've moved, I've tried to make it this huge life changing event. Like "OK! New scene, new life! This apartment will never ever ever have a grain of sugar in it! I will cook loads on my new stove! I will always keep this place sparkling clean!" and other fairly ridiculous and rigid things like that.
This time my thoughts are more along the lines of "what a nice place to continue my process, whatever it may be, in." That strikes me as more mature. More adult. More... realistic, lol!
Also i terms of maturity but not regarding the move; I am a lot more able to let go of things but also more able to set boundaries. I am very clear about what is ok with me and what isn't. And unapologetic for that. But when things don't *really* affect me... like, if someone thinks I did something rude but I think it was ok... it's much easier for me to just say "well, I sympathise with you if you felt uncomfortable" without either A) feeling the need to apologise for something I don't think was wrong or B) arguing the point to try to force them to see that I was not wrong and am in fact a really good person. That just all seems like a lot of wasted energy, now. Whereas even a few months ago, it felt very important.
So, yay for the continual process of growing up!

1 comment:

Chrysalis said...

I want an "I like" button. Reading this made me smile.