Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pushing Myself

So, I've decided to hold off on detoxing until next week. The main reason is, I'm just not ready. I think I jumped into it too soon this time. I had a crazy month with lots of travelling and not much downtime at all, and then pretty much as soon as all that was over, I jumped into the detox. My head just wasn't in the game... I wasn't feeling motivated for it, I was unsure as to my reasons. And that made it very hard to resist cravings and stuff. So I'm giving myself time to kinda get grounded before I start again.
There are also two family events this weekend that promise to have very yummy food, that I really want ot fully partake in! So Monday, or perhaps Tuesday, is my goal date for starting my full 10 day detox/cleanse.
I've been feeling a little down on myself since quitting the detox after only about two days. I'm realizing that I don't think I push myself enough in some areas. But I don't want to get into a situation where I am not being kind to myself, either. It's a balance I'm working on finding. And while I am finding it, I am trying not ot be too hard on myself.

No comments: