Sunday, May 2, 2010

Negative Judgments

I am having some negative judgements about myself.

1. My weight makes me ugly / disgusting.
2. I am lazy for not working / having income.
3. I am not healthy enough in my eating and exercise habits.
4. I am not compassionate / giving enough.
5. I am not good enough at being social.


So now... I will attempt to challenge them.

1. While I do carry extra weight, I can still be beautiful.
2. I am creating an ideal working situation for myself, and so long as I am not hurting anyone, how I live is my own issue.
3. I eat in a healthy way and work daily to eat even more healthily. I will exercise joyfully when I am ready to.
4. I give as much as I am able, while still being compassionate to my own needs and desires. How much I give quantitatively is not important; giving to my own capacity is.
5. It is ok not to enjoy large and boisterous social situations. I do quite well in quiet, intimate social settings.

Results
1. That didn't really help much.
2. Yeah... but I really do want to be more proactive about it all.
3. I want the exercise part to happen soon! I will work on concrete ways to make it happen.
4. Cool.
5. Cool.

No comments: