Monday, January 4, 2010

Lonely




For some reason, the past few days, I've been really lonely (even though I've been around people I love quite a bit, which is kind of interestingly odd). I've even had several dreams about having a sense of comfort and belonging with a group of people or a single person. Totally different events and people in the dreams, but all revolving around belonging.
Possible reasons:
Kahlil's birthday is coming up soon
Just plain exhaustion (been a busy couple of weeks for me)
Going through a lot of my mom's stuff on my own
A dear friend moving away soon
Possible recourse:
Oh, I don't know, I haven't got this far. I've just realized I'm feeling lonely in the past couple of hours....

Allow me to further define lonely as I feel it now though: lack of intimacy. And I don't mean physical intimacy, people. I mean emotional and intellectual and spiritual intimacy.

No comments: