Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sims


My mom's family name is Sims.
It turns out the Sims family is under the Fraser Clan. Fraser is the clan of a very popular fictional character (the Outlander series, its amazing!). They also have a very nice tartan (some are really not). As I understand things, the Sims motto is "I am ready" (Je suis pret, which is French. The name comes from Anjou in France, and means "bearer of strawberries"). But the Fraser motto is "All My Hope is God." Both are cool. I assume it's not an inaccuracy somewhere, but that the septs (smaller families within a clan) would have had their own mottos.
I think I might need a scarf in this tartan. But I'm fine without the stag head.

1 comment:

River said...

http://www.rampantscotland.com/clans/blclanfraser.htm

that's a quick little history.