Thursday, August 20, 2009

But wait! There's more!

My spit test results are back. I don't know them, although the doctor said there is definitely stuff going on in that arena. I have an appointment on Tuesday to find out about all that.
But what I did find out already is that I have this thing called "reactionary hypoglycemia." Its hypoglycemia, but some weird kind that regular fasting blood tests don't catch. I don't fully understand it all. But the result is, I need to be eating something every 2 to 3 hours. To quote the doctor, "Don't even think about getting hungry. You need to put something in your mouth every couple of hours." Apparently blood sugar can really screw with emotions, so this may be another contributing factor to depression.
I also got a B12 shot today. Its a really bright red color... actually the same color as one of mom's chemo meds was. It's supposed to boost energy. I'll be getting one a week for the next few weeks til my body figures out how to work on this whole new system of energy/food it's learning.
Still pretty up and down. Very tired. Some headaches. Should only be a week or so of the really tough part left. Fingers crossed!

1 comment: