Friday, May 15, 2009

Good Deed of the Day

Not my good deed. A very sweet old man's.
So I'm sitting at Shoney's (not my first choice but my options were limited. I was driving from Asheville to Charlotte and it's race weekend so things are pretty busy) looking pretty tired and eating a sandwich and fries (I know, I know, so not on the allergen-free diet plan. Hush). The waitress had set my check on my table pretty much as soon as the food came, but then kinda stealthily moved it to the table in front of me, where a very cute bent over old man, his disabled wife, and a younger woman I'm guessing was their daughter, were eating (the seafood buffet, I think). So I figure she gave me the wrong check and continue reading my book and dreading getting back in the car (I've been driving a LOT the past couple of weeks!). The guy gets up and pays and on his way back to his table slides a couple bucks under my plate and I realize... he's just paid my check! I thanked him a lot and he said, in a very cute old man way, "now don't you even worry about it, it's just my good deed for the day." I smiled all the way down Interstate 85.
Random acts of kindness really will make someone's day! Go for it!

No comments: