Thursday, May 28, 2009

And her name shall be....

Amaiya Lucia. (ah-MY-uh loo-SEE-uh)
Amaiya means "night rain falling in a high place" and follows the family naming patterns. So far all of their names have 6 letters. The boys start with J and end with N. The girls start and end with A. The children's middle names start with J, K, and L. Come to think of it, their dad's middle name starts with I, so tahts I, J, K, L. Poor mom, her middle name starts with a P. I'm rpetty sure they aren't planning to have enough kids to catch up to her!
Lucia is one of the names my mother was considering when she legally changed her name. She wound up going with Naseem. Lucia means light, which is what my mother's (also legally changed) last name meant. So it's a kind of sneaky way of naming Amaiya after my mother too.

One week til I move to Charlotte!

3 comments:

ryran said...

Wow. Thanks for the explanation!
The IJKL thing is trippy.

Paryssa said...

Its like the freaking DaVinci Code or something...what are they thinking ;-)

Paryssa said...

Amaiya is also from Amaya which also means "Creative Power" or "High Place". I dunno, when you start getting creative with names, it starts getting tricky...