Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring!

I believe in Spring! The weather has been gorgeous, sunny and in the high 40s. I can go between the car and my office in just a sweatshirt! There are buds on the trees and I saw a daffodil yesterday. It's weird about spring... I can see where the idea of spring cleaning comes from. Seeing nature get all clean and pretty makes me want my stuff clean and pretty. I've bought fun smelly candles with names like Berry Jam and Honeysuckle (honeysuckle is definitely my favorite smell in the world, I think) and ate a piece of blueberry pie from the farm stand down the road, and now own two plants I'm determined not to kill. I've never appreciated spring til now because there was never such a marked contrast between it and winter before. Spring is definitely a good good thing.

2 comments:

ryran said...

HEHEHEHE... awesome. I BELIEVE IN HEAT!!

Honeysuckle, in my mind = pee. Or well, it makes me think of pee for some reason. Does it not smell like pee?

River said...

NO it does not smell like pee! Though it does remind me of the time you and dumped out the sentient mold colony from my sink... that happened just under a honeysuckle bush. It smells like flowery honeyness.